Thursday, January 15, 2009

New piece titled "I am that I am"


Well, my newness to this process of blogging has been exposed once again, as this image was referred to in the blog just below this entry on the site.

This piece is addressing Moses's encounter with God and the burning bush. A simple piece, without much complexity in either form or content. Moses encountered God "on the far side of the desert" ...... often we encounter God when we are on the far side of the desert metaphorically speaking. Other translations indicate "far into the wilderness" A location where He can get our attention in this busy, noisy and hurried world (culture) we live in.

I have been in those desert locations...... always from my wanderings around doing what I am supposed to be doing ..... perhaps God placing me in a position where I will hear Him.

In any event, the work speaks of the encounter Moses had. It is the beginning of the story of the Exodus. Image filled experiences. One such image I am researching and working on but have yet to develop an image to post as yet........ is " the cloud that followed the tabernacle" I have some ideas and soon will be putting them into a fledgling image. Another is, " worshiping the calf "....... but I get ahead and do not want to list all I am "stewing" on just yet. That will give me the flexibility to not be obligated in the pursuit of imagery

3 comments:

  1. Bill, both pieces - the progress of the prayer piece and the new (new to me!) Moses piece - are absolutely amazing. i love that you have ventured from using the warm colors with the minwax and are now incorporating cool blues. it just looks sweet.

    God bless brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this piece is brilliant. I really like your work! :)

    ReplyDelete